Friday, July 25, 2014

Is it Big Bird ...

Phew, it has been a long time since I've blogged.  There has been a lot going on in our lives this summer and I had to step away for a while.  My husbands mother passed away in a house fire and it definitely took a toll on all of us in different ways.

On to better things ... a card!  I've actually stamped some over the last few months and may upload some of those later.  For today, I played along with Tuesday Morning Sketches ... one of my favs!


Stamps:  Vertical Greetings 2 (GKD)
Paper:  White (SU); Black, Yellow (Michaels)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine); Mustard Seed, Weathered Wood, Broken China, Tea Dye (T. Holtz)
Accessories:  clear embossing powder, paint brush (Hobby Lobby); Ironwork accents (Spellbinders); sponge (T. Holtz); glitter pen (Sakura); gems (SU); polka dot embossing folder (CuttleBug)

Here is the inspiration photo ...


This picture does not do the glitter any justice.  Kinda looks drabby here but in real life, it looks so much better. I haven't picked up the camera in so long that I don't know how to take a decent picture. Lol  The gems were colored with a yellow Copic marker.  The bird panel was watercolored with the distress inks.

Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Have a great day,
Pam~

3 comments:

Barbara Chatzkel said...

Welcome back! You've dealt with a lot of significant challenges. Make sure you take care of yourself! Lovely bird -- made me smile.

Jessi Fogan said...

I can't say enough to express my sympathy - the loss of a parent is unimaginable, and in such a way. Sending your family much love, Pam.
I love your card - the sky is fabulous, and the colours of the bird are just wonderful! The black background really makes it all pop too. I hope you find peace in creating - I know I do :) So glad you came to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week - your card will be featured on our Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

Benzi said...

Pam, I'm just getting back to blogging after my vacation. I am so sorry about your mother-in-law. Such a tragedy. I'm sure it has been very hard on your husband.

Your card is beautiful. I love birds. Your sponging really made this one pop.